Current job offers at GERICS
Scientific Coordinator (m/f)
GERICS invites applications for a Scientific Coordinator (m/f) for WCRP Regional Activities (CORA).The position is initially limited to 36 months.
You will coordinate the various WCRP activities, including the Core Projects and Grand Challenges, and will report to the Programme's Joint Scientific Committee (JSC). The office is shared between GERICS and the Bjerknes Centre in Bergen, Norway, where a corresponding position is being announced. Some travel may be expected.
- Promote and coordinate WCRP's Core projects and Grand Challenges in line with the WCRP strategic plans 2019-2028
- Contribute to synergy and integration between the various regional activities and WCRP's Core Projects
- Highlight opportunities, resources and partnerships that can help promote regional climate research within the WCRP
- Contribute to dissemination of WCRP´s activities through brochures and online media
- Schedule and organize science-specific meetings and courses conducted by WCRP
- Report on plans and progress at annual meetings
- Contribute to synergy and integration between WCRP and GERICS
Skills and experiences:
- A relevant scientific background and a PhD, preferably in Earth System Science, Environmental Sciences, Geography, Meteorology or related field
- Extensive experience of working in an international context
- Experience in management of projects and in the coordination of scientific work
- Experience of organizing meetings and conferences
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Good interpersonal skills
Informal enquiries can be directed to
- multinational work environment with over 900 colleagues from more than 50 nations
- extensive options of vocational training (i. a. expert seminars, language courses or leadership seminars)
- flexible working hours and various models to ensure the compatibility of family and career
- excellent infrastructure, including a scientific in-house library as well as modern work spaces
- remuneration according to the standards of the collective wage agreement TV-AVH including further social benefits
The promotion of equal rights is a matter of course for us. Severely disabled persons and these equals severely disabled persons who are equally suitable for the position will be considered preferentially within the framework of legal requirements.
Please send your application indicating job offer code-no. 2018/CS 9 including your CV, description of your scientific expertise, publication list, copies of credentials including grades, and names and addresses of three academic referees preferably by e-mail in one file not larger than 10 MB to
Closing date for application is December 31st, 2018.